15/02/2012

October 7, 1960

I was born at St. Josephs hospital in Peterborough, Ontario before its services were all moved to the Regional Hospital. The approximate time was 5:00 PM. That is only a guess. Dad says that mom missed dinner so he had to go find her something to eat after she woke up. In those days they didn't just freeze your lower half they put you under. You were awake enough to hear them tell you to push but not awake enough to feel the pain. I was a small baby just a bit over 5lbs again I am not sure exactly because I never thought to ask my parents and now they are both gone. All I know was that I was a tiny thing and have remained small my whole life. At least height wise :)

My father was Milford Ralph Marois, age 30 born Nov 1, 1929. He was a labourer. He had spend his younger years doing a bit of travelling. He had worked in a lumber camp, did his bit in the army as a cooks helper and assisted a jewelry maker. These are the ones he talked about the most I'm sure there were others. He was also an alcoholic from an alcoholic family. Soft spoken unless he got really angry. Shortly before he died I also found out that he was a long time sufferer of depression.

My mother was Margaret Faye Creighton, female half of a set of twins. Their birthday was March 25, 1942. She was 18 when I was born. Of the two of them she had more brains than her brother but he got to go to high school while she stayed home. I do not know what if any jobs she had in her younger years before I came along she never spoke of them. Her family moves around a lot because her father was in the army. The other things I know about my mother is that she was molested by her father several times and that like me she had many boyfriends though how many she had sex with I have no idea. She was a cold and distant parent, I do not remember getting hugs from her or kisses or any of those other things you would expect a parent who loved a child to do, but I know she loved me she showed me in other ways which I will discuss as we get to those parts of my life.

As you can see I know more about my mother than I do about my father. I think that is because she was a stay at home mom so we spent a fair amount of time together

My parents got married because my mother was pregnant and dad was the only one who offered to marry her. Rather he was the sperm donor who created me has never been answered for me but he was the one who raised me so he is dad.

I have always loved the story of the proposal. Mom had climbed up into her favorite tree to think and dad found out she was there. He climbed up the tree and asked her to marry him. They always said that was why I was such a climber in my younger years because of that day. I just find it incredibly sweet that my father would go to that extreme to save her reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment